Account Director - Strategic
Point To Point, a full-service agency, is currently looking for an Account Director (or Senior Level Account Director). As an Account Director, your role revolves around developing deep relationships with clients and identifying & developing business growth opportunities within these relationships. This will require traveling 30-40% of the time. You would work closely with the Creative, Media, Strategic Planning, Content Strategy and Production departments in developing and implementing advertising campaigns to generate awareness of our Client’s products. Success for this position is measured by your ability to develop great client relationships, grow opportunities with your clients, thrive in a fast-paced environment, focus on generating results and delivering on expected margins for your team. You will be a leader and will oversee proposals and program presentations for effective and efficient resources to meet the client goals and agency revenue targets.
A successful Account Director will focus on the financial health of the client, organic business development, effective and efficient program management of the Agency team, and results that are in concert with client initiatives. Proficiency in conceptual selling and consulting will be defined by effective written and oral communication skills with clients, customers, and agency partners. The right individual is phenomenal at client relationship development, has 8-10 years of agency experience, has a positive attitude that lifts the team and can drive progress. If you have proven yourself as a team leader, have a track record of fostering great client relationships, are a logical thinker, and are a skilled problem solver, we are looking for you!
About Point To Point
Point To Point is a premier B2B demand generation agency focused on accelerating growth through more intelligent customer interactions driven by customer insights and data. With deep industry expertise in Building Products, Industrial Manufacturing and Food Products Manufacturing, Point To Point is recognized as a leading agency in Engineering Demand for B2B brands.
Account Director Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading their client delivery team and serves as primary owner of the client relationship.
- Success is measured by expansion & retention of existing services and associated revenue.
- Ability to build strong client relationships, anticipates potential needs and proactively communicates PTP value prop; 90% or greater client retention.
- Instills high level of confidence in delivery to client.
- Responsible for client financials - creation of work plans, scope documents, management of pipeline and monthly invoicing.
- Escalates issues or opportunities to Delivery Partner for help as-needed.
- Completely understands client’s business (current & future) and is able to articulate client’s business to full PTP agency.
- Reviews all day to day work, should be at ~75% when they see it.
- Can manage/grow Account Coordinator & Manager level resources.
- Cultivate strong relationships with client trade, sales and marketing teams, including 3rd party agencies as required, to harmonize cross-functional client communications.
- Oversee proposals and program presentations for effective and efficient resources to meet the client goals and agency revenue targets.
- Identify new business opportunities within existing clients as well as with extended client base.
- Synchronize and standardize best practices for client program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes.
- Effective recruiting, hiring, training, and development of direct reports.
- Serve as financial relationship owner for cross-agency team departments and/or clients to deliver timely client decisions and approvals.
- Traveling to meet with clients 30-40% of the time.
Account Directors who apply must have had experience in the following areas:
- Executing daily account deliverables, resulting in high levels of client satisfaction on-time, on-budget, error-free delivery.
- Gaining detailed knowledge of client’s product & brand standards and ensuring work follows these standards.
- Anticipating client feedback & proactively addressing concerns before they get to the client.
- Starting the process for scopes, work plans, timelines and briefs.
- Leading the team in getting the work to ~75% before it goes for Sr Mgmt level review.
- Providing direction to account coordinators & managers on workload needs & updating/maintaining project management software.
- Managing and growing Account Manager level resources.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required, MBA Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 8-10 years agency experience (3-5 yrs in supervisory role).
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment.
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of B2B space.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; captivating presenter and great listener, high level of integrity.
- Excellent ability to work with Creative group collaboratively to drive outcomes clients love.
- Experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and experimentation.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Eager to learn and master current job duties with a strong drive to prove usefulness and be promoted.
- Great at working independently but collaborating on projects when needed.
- Ability to integrate diverse viewpoints and opinions.
- Reports to VP, Account Services.
- Health care plan (Medical, Dental & Vision).
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays).
- Retirement plan (401k, IRA).
- Work flexibility when needed.
- New parent leave.
- Awesome coffee machine that makes espressos, cappuccinos, mochas and lattes.
- Lunch Owl - Fresh and unique lunch service that P2P subsidizes.
- Training & development.